2009 Breeders Cup Post Positions, Contenders & Favorites: The much-anticipated 2009 Breeders Cup Post Positions, Contenders & Favorites happens this Friday and Saturday, live from Oak Tree, Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California. Some of the best thoroughbreds in North America and Europe will gather together to celebrate the richest event in sports.
For the very first time in the history, the 14 races and the grand total of $25.5 million in prize-monies will be held at this location for a second consecutive year. Depending on which sportsbook you visit, there will be different 2009 Breeders Cup Post Positions, Contenders & Favorites Odds.
However, in a lot of sportsbooks in the world you will find that filly, Zenyatta [3/1] is the sports betting odds favorite to win the 2009 Breeders Cup. Zenyatta, who will be ridden by jockey Mike Smith, comes into this competition with 13 victories all against females. This Saturday, Zenyatta will be competing against the biggest field she’s ever faced, and against male horses for the first time. Zenyatta will be in Post Position No.4 at the 2009 Breeders Cup.
Another 2009 Breeders Cup Post Positions, Contenders & Favorites is Summer Bird [6/1] and jockey Kent Desormeaux. Summer Bird, who will be in Post Position No.3 on Saturday, is an American stallion and the son 2004 Belmont Stakes winner Birdstone. Summer Bird’s most famous victory came in the 2009 Belmont Stakes, the third leg of the Triple Crown, when he stunned Kentucky Derby winner and Preakness Stakes runner-up, Mine That Bird [15/1], who this weekend will be competing at Post Position No.1.
Here’s the official 2009 Breeders Cup Post Positions, Contenders & Favorites, their Bodog.com 2009 Breeders Cup Odds and jockeys:
1. Mine That Bird (Calvin Borel) – 15/1
2. Colonel John (Garrett Gomez) – 10/1
3. Summer Bird (Kent Desormeaux) – 6/1
4. Zenyatta (Mike Smith) – 3/1
5. Twice Over (Thomas Queally) – 15/1
6. Richard's Kid (Alex Solis) – 12/1
7. Gio Ponti (Ramon Dominguez) – 12/1
8. Einstein (Julien Leparoux) – 12/1
9. Girolamo (Alan Garcia) – 18/1
11. Regal Ransom (Richard Migliore) – 14/1
12. Quality Road (John Velazquez) – 12/1
13. Awesome Gem (David Flores) – 30/1